The Welsh Assembly Government has made a committment to provide a free healthy breakfast at school each day for all children of primary school age registered in maintained primary schools in Wales This initiative is intended to help improve the health and concentration of children to assist in the raising of standards of learning and attainment.
Ysgol Y Faenol's Free Award Winning Breakfast Club
What time do the sessions operate ?
· The breakfast club opens at 8 a.m.
· Pupils need to arrive at breakfast club between 8.00 a.m. and 8.20 a.m.
· Children will be supervised by breakfast club staff until the start of school day at 8.55a.m.
What breakfast will be on offer ?
· The breakfast on offer will be healthy and nutritious.
· A typical breakfast could be:
- cereal with milk and chopped fruit, a piece of toast and a drink;
- toast, fruit juice and yoghurt.
Who will supervise the breakfast sessions ?
· The sessions are run by the school cook, Mrs. Williams, aided by two assistants.
· All staff have been cleared by the Criminal Records Bureau.
How will the children spend their time?
· After eating breakfast the children will be involved in structured activities, which may include working on craft activities, preparing for special events such as Chinese New Year, St. David’s Day, playing board games, learning traditional playground games etc.
· Ysgol Y Faenol Breakfast Club won the Kellogs/ContinYou UK Breakfast Club Award 2009 in the Extra Learning Category.
How much will the breakfast session cost ?
· Sessions are free ! The cost of the sessions is met by the Welsh Assembly Government.
If you would like your child(ren) to attend the breakfast club please contact the school secretary for a registration form.